- The packaging is very convenient and helps to prevent breakage of the cakes.
- They are soft and not crumbly.
- Britannia Cake Gobbles are very pocket friendly.
- There is no eggy flavor in the cakes.
- Contains added flavors.
- Britannia Cake Gobbles contains wheat and egg.
- Best before – 4 months from date of packaging.
The aroma is very nice and chocolaty. We love that the flavor is not eggy like some packaged cakes tend to have. The sweetness is very well balanced and you would definitely go back for some. This cake would pair beautifully with a dark roast coffee or a mild tea.
The Gobbles Orange Bites cake has a very strong orange flavor and is orangish-peach in color. Small chunks of orange rind can be seen spread throughout the cake and add a fresh-citrusy note to the overall flavor. The sweetness is balanced.
The Fruity Fun variation was exactly like your old-school packaged cakes. You can see the fruity-chunks throughout the cake. The base flavor is almost like a vanilla, tutti-frutti hybrid. The sweetness is balanced.